Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Baked chicken dinner with a rich, creamy sauce.
- 4 stalks celery, finely sliced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 spinach leaves, finely chopped
- 8 fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 4 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 4 ounces white wine
- 1 teaspoon clarified butter
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 ounces heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1 cup leek, finely sliced (green part only)
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- Soak celery.
- Cut eight (6x6") squares of aluminum foil, and butter them lightly on the shiny side.
- Flatten chicken breasts, then place each breast on a square of foil.
- Sauté celery, spinach, mushrooms, and shallots in a little butter over medium heat for about 30 seconds.
- Place 1/4 of mixture on each piece of chicken.
- Splash about 1 ounce white wine over each breast.
- Season with salt and pepper, and roll up each breast.
- Top each roll with an additional square of aluminum foil; fold ends tightly to seal to seal.
- Pour chicken stock into a baking pan, and place foil packets in stock.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- To prepare dill sauce, sauté shallots in clarified butter over medium heat.
- Quickly add chicken stock, white wine, and heavy cream.
- Heat until reduced by half and add dill.
- Sauté remaining cup of sliced leeks in butter over medium heat.
- To serve, unwrap chicken and slice into 1/4" rounds.
- Pour sauce on a plate, lay chicken rounds over sauce, and garnish with sauteed leek.