Baked chicken dinner with a rich, creamy sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 stalks celery, finely sliced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 spinach leaves, finely chopped
- 8 fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 4 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 4 ounces white wine
- 1Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- 2Soak celery.
- 3Cut eight (6x6") squares of aluminum foil, and butter them lightly on the shiny side.
- 4Flatten chicken breasts, then place each breast on a square of foil.
- 5Sauté celery, spinach, mushrooms, and shallots in a little butter over medium heat for about 30 seconds.
- 6Place 1/4 of mixture on each piece of chicken.
- 7Splash about 1 ounce white wine over each breast.
- 8Season with salt and pepper, and roll up each breast.
- 9Top each roll with an additional square of aluminum foil; fold ends tightly to seal to seal.
- 10Pour chicken stock into a baking pan, and place foil packets in stock.
- 11Bake for 25 minutes.
- 12To prepare dill sauce, sauté shallots in clarified butter over medium heat.
- 13Quickly add chicken stock, white wine, and heavy cream.
- 14Heat until reduced by half and add dill.
- 15Sauté remaining cup of sliced leeks in butter over medium heat.
- 16To serve, unwrap chicken and slice into 1/4" rounds.
- 17Pour sauce on a plate, lay chicken rounds over sauce, and garnish with sauteed leek.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Picardy With Dill Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (463 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 342.3
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 95.0 mg
- Sodium 346.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 33.4 g