Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I made this with shredded chicken, rather than ground, and it was just as good. I like it served in corn tortillas.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup salsa (bottled is fine)
- 1⁄3 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Place chicken in a food processor. Pulse until ground.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion; cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken, cumin, salt, cinnamon, and garlic and cook until chicken is done (about 3 minutes), stirring frequently.
- Stir in salsa and raisins.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Stir in almonds and cilantro.
This was sooo good. I love picadillo and it was an excellent version of it.