Recipe by Marney
These packets have an addicting flavor and crispiness to them. They work great as an appetizer or as part of a light dinner or brunch.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup water chestnut, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons Tabasco sauce
- 16 sheets phyllo dough
- sesame seeds (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except for the last four. Mix well, cover and let set for at least 15 minutes (can be prepared ahead and refrigerated).
- In a small sauce pan heat the butter and 2 tablespoons of Tabasco. Layer Phyllo and butter using 4 sheets of dough and leaving the top of the last sheet dry.
- Cut crosswise into 2 inch strips. Place 1 teaspoons of the chicken mixture at one end of the strip and fold one corner diagonally over the filling and continue folding to make a triangle. Continue with the rest of the dough and chicken mixture. Brush the packets with the remaining butter and sprinkle with the sesame seeds. Bake in a 425 degree farenheit oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.