Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 2 ounces rice noodles
- 1 piece gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 stalk lemongrass, chopped
- 3 pints low-fat chicken broth
- 4 ounces raw chicken, sliced in strips
- 1 red chili pepper, finely sliced
- 2 ounces bean sprouts, blanched in boiling water
- 1 ounce ginkgo nuts, crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 lime
- Cook the noodles in boiling salted water for four minutes.
- Strain and set aside.
- Sauté the ginger on a low heat for 15 minutes.
- Cool and slice.
- Add the ginger, garlic, spring onions, fish sauce and lemon grass to the stock and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Strain and reserve.
- Add the chicken pieces to the strained stock and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Reheat the noodles by pouring over boiling water.
- Drain and divide the noodles between the soup bowls.
- Pour over the soup.
- Garnish each bowl with some of the sliced chili, bean sprouts, nuts, coriander and a wedge of lime.