Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A great cheesesteak sandwich!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 sweet onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 hoagie rolls
- 5 slices provolone cheese
- Heat oil med/high in skillet.
- Tri fat from chicken and cut into strips.
- Slice onions and pepper into small pieces.
- Add chicken, onion, and pepper.
- Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Cook until browned and 165 degrees, 10-12 minutes.
- Fill rolls with cheese and then the chicken mixture.
- Bake 3-6 minutes at 475 degrees until crus is desired texture and cheese is melted!
These sandwiches are easy to cook and put together. The only change I made was to use chicken breasts vs. thighs (only because that is what I had on hand). I also added a little spicy seasoning to give the sandwich a little "kick". These sandwiches make a great lunch or football/party sandwich. Made for PRMR, September, 2013.
Seeing that my daughter had soccer practice tonight, and other parents have bought their small bbq grills to the parking lot to avoid late dinners, I bought mine and this was our dinner outside the school. The adjustments I made was before school let out, I brushed the olive oil onto the chicken thighs before cooking letting them marinade for about 45 minutes to an hour,,left out the salt, used only a half green pepper, and used some foil on the grill. Needless to say these turned out nicely, we all enjoyed these, as they were definately flavorful. There were 4 of us, and they made some big sandwiches, as there was alot of action on my grill seeing that my portable grill is a bit smaller, but it worked out well. My daughter gets a 15 minute break during practice, as she enjoyed hers too.
YES...this was a great chicken cheese steak....<br/>Had to use breast instead of thigh to keep DH happy...but happy he certainly was, after wolfing down one of these!!<br/>Made for PRMR.