Recipe by nochlo
A great cheesesteak sandwich!
Top Review by DailyInspiration
These sandwiches are easy to cook and put together. The only change I made was to use chicken breasts vs. thighs (only because that is what I had on hand). I also added a little spicy seasoning to give the sandwich a little "kick". These sandwiches make a great lunch or football/party sandwich. Made for PRMR, September, 2013.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 sweet onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 hoagie rolls
- 5 slices provolone cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil med/high in skillet.
- Tri fat from chicken and cut into strips.
- Slice onions and pepper into small pieces.
- Add chicken, onion, and pepper.
- Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Cook until browned and 165 degrees, 10-12 minutes.
- Fill rolls with cheese and then the chicken mixture.
- Bake 3-6 minutes at 475 degrees until crus is desired texture and cheese is melted!