Recipe by Virgaux78
There is some labor involved with this, but the flavors are great. Best when served with some crusty bread and a nice chilled white wine!
- 1 (1 lb) box penne pasta
- 1⁄2 cup pesto sauce mix (you can used more depending on your taste)
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- garlic salt, to taste
- oregano or italian seasoning, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato, julienne cut
- 1 bunch asparagus
Directions See How It's Made
- While entire box of penne past is boiling, prepare both pesto sauce mixes according to the packet directions and set sauce aside in a large bowl.
- Steam asparagus and cut into 1-2 inch pieces, then add to pesto mixture.
- Toss in the package of sun-dried tomatoes into the pesto mix as well.
- Pan fry chicken breasts coated with 2 tbs. of olive oil, dusting lightly with garlic salt and Italian spices.
- After chicken is cooked through, cube it into bite sized pieces and add to the pesto mixture.
- Drain pasta and add to pesto mixture.
- Sprinkle grated Parmesan on top while hot OR for a cold meal, chill meal in fridge and mix in half a cup of cheese before serving.