Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
The bread for this open faced sandwich is pizza crusts. I prefer onion in place of the celey.
- 4 personal size prepared pizza crust
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 medium celery, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 236.59 ml cut-up cooked chicken
- 78.07 ml basil pesto
- 29.58 ml freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 118.29 ml shredded lettuce
- Heat pizza crusts as directed on package if desired.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook celery in oil 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender; reduce heat.
- Stir in chicken and pesto.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until hot.
- Spoon chicken mixture onto pizza crusts.
- Mix cheese and lettuce; sprinkle over chicken mixture.
- Cut each pizza crust in half.
Tasty! I made one big pizza crust (using Trader Joe's whole wheat dough) and served this up pizza style. The recipe is super simple and has great flavor. I love the pesto addition. Thank you!