Prep 5 mins
Cook 24 mins
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. A main course potato salad, full of chicken, bacon and bleu cheese, easily dressed with a store bought pesto.
- 7 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 20 ounces Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 1⁄2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled, divided
- 1⁄2 cup store bought prepared basil pesto
- Heat a large non-stick skillet with a lid over medium heat. Add in the bacon and cook until crisp, approximately 4 - 5 minutes; remove from skillet to drain; leaving 1 tablespoon bacon drippings in the skillet.
- Place skillet and drippings back over medium heat. Add in the Simply Potatoes and cook according to package directions. Add in the chicken and all but two tablespoons bacon and continue to cook until heated through. Remove from heat and add in 2 ounces of the bleu cheese, mix to combine.
- Transfer potato mixture to a large bowl, allow to cool for 3 - 4 minutes. Stir in the pesto, mix to fully combine.
- To serve, place potato salad onto serving plates, garnish with remaining 2 tablespoons bacon and remaining 1/2 ounce bleu cheese.
What a great "twist" on a family favorite!! The flavor combination is awesome ..... great job, using only 5 ingredients!!