1/3 Photos of Chicken Pesto Pillows
This is a delicious recipe that I made up years ago. It is my top requested recipe for my family's birthday dinners. It's easy, yet looks like you've slaved all day! Great for entertaining.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425º.
- 2Slice or pound chicken into thin pieces.
- 3Brown lightly in pan coated with cooking spray.
- 4Place in refrigerator until ready to use.
- 5Thaw puff pastry according to package directions.
- 6Roll out each sheet into slightly larger rectangle.
- 7Cut each sheet into 4 equal pieces.
- 8Remove chicken from refrigerator, and cut into pieces small enough to fit on half of each pastry square.
- 9On each pastry square, place one piece chicken, one slice of mozzarella cheese, and 1 tablespoon of pesto sauce.
- 10Brush half the edges of each pastry square with egg wash mixture. Fold over and seal with fork.
- 11Transfer to cooking sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Brush top of each pillow with egg wash.
- 12Bake at 425º until golden brown, approximately 20 minutes.
- 13Serve with any remaining pesto sauce, or heated spaghetti sauce if desired.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Pesto Pillows
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 643.9
- Calories from Fat 377
- Total Fat 41.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 98.6 mg
- Sodium 521.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 27.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: