Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a nice simple to prepare & tasty pasta, if you don't have sun-dried tomatoes just use some fresh chopped ones & you can also experiment with different flavoured pestos, I usually use basil pesto but will be trying sun-dried tomato pesto next time.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500 g ground chicken
- 1⁄4 cup prepared pesto sauce
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1⁄4 cup semi sun-dried tomato, sliced
- 250 g ribbon pasta
- salt & pepper
- basil leaves (to garnish)
- shaved parmesan cheese (to garnish)
- Heat oil & saute onion & garlic until tender, add mince, brown well breaking it up with a spoon as it cooks.
- Stir in sauce, cream, tomatoes & seasonings, simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water until tender, drain & toss through sauce.
- Top with basil & parmesan to serve.
What a delicious, easy dinner recipe! This was awesome! It disappeared very quickly. Love all the flavours; simple, but they really hit the spot!
Very good recipe! We left out the cream as we did not have any but the recipe will certainly be used again.
Delicious with or without chicken