Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Pesto replaces the traditional pizza sauce for a nice taste-twist, adjust amounts to taste if desired
Top Review by Ratalouille
I love pizza and pesto ... both together = YUM !!! This was quick to fix, especially using refrigerated pizza dough. I bought a rotisserie chicken from the deli section in the market, used half for the pizza and kept the other half for something else this week. All the ingredients tasted perfect together! Thank you Kittencal :)
- 1 (8 ounce) canpillsbury refrigerated pizza dough
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (35 g) package pesto sauce mix
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 (10 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, welldrained
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup grated romano cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 425 degrees F.
- Unroll pizza crust into an ungreased 15 x 10-inch baking pan (can use a larger pan if desired) flatten dough and build up edges slightly.
- Prick dough several times with a fork.
- Bake for 7 mins, or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, combine the water, oil and pesto sauce mix in a saucepan.
- Cook until heated through (do not boil).
- Add spinach, ricotta and onion; mix well.
- Spread over crust.
- Top with chicken, mushrooms, tomatoes and Swiss and romano cheese.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 7 mins or until crust is golden brown, and cheese is melted.