Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This dish used to be served at a gourmet restaurant (Parkway 600) in Kansas City. I don't make each part from scratch like they did but mine is just as yummy. (I don't know the ounces for the ingredients, this made me enter something. It's the large jar of mushrooms & the pasta & pesto only come in one size.)
- 1 (8 ounce) package tortellini, in refrigerated section of the store (I like the 3 cheese tortellini, but you can also use the chicken & cheese one.)
- 1 (4 -8 ounce) package pesto sauce, in the same section as the pasta (in a plastic container with lid about the size of a small package of dip)
- Green Giant sliced mushrooms
- 3⁄4-1 lb deli chicken, have them slice it thick, for cubing
- parmesan cheese
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) soup can whole milk (up to 1 soup can)
- garlic powder (optional) or fresh garlic (optional)
- Boil tortellini according to directions on package.
- Meanwhile, cut your chicken up into cubes.
- While cooked pasta is draining empty can of mushroom soup, drained jar of sliced mushrooms, about half of the milk, and about 2/3 of the pesto into the large saucepan over low to medium-low heat. Stir together.
- Dump pasta & cubed chicken breast into pan. Fold together with soup/pesto sauce.
- Add parmesan cheese, garlic, salt & pepper to taste. Add remaining pesto & milk to desired consistency & pesto/soup ratio.
- Top with more parmesan.