Recipe by currybunny
This is one of the most requested recipes in our house; simple, very tasty and healthy. Goes down a treat with a nice glass of white!
Top Review by Chef Kate
Absolutelu delicious. In the interest of reducing the fat, I subbeda little low-fat yogurt and the water from reconstituting the dried tomatoes for the cream--still very rich and delicious tasting. Thanks, Beck!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts, skin and fat removed
- 14 ounces penne or 14 ounces spiral shaped pasta
- 3⁄4 cup semi sun-dried tomato, roughly chopped
- 2⁄3 cup basil pesto
- 2⁄3 cup light cream
- parmesan cheese, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, add to pan and cook for 5-7 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Cook pasta according to packet direction, drain and return to saucepan.
- Heat remaining oil in pan, add tomatoes and toss for a minute.
- Thinly slice chicken and return to pan; add pesto and cream and toss over low heat til well combined.
- Add pasta and mix well, season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve accompanied with parmesan cheese.