Recipe by invictus
This is a good recipe, not great, but good. If you cook this in a cast iron pan, it turns a deep dark purple.
- 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 2 lbs chicken pieces, thighs bone-in would be best
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium white onion
- 2 -3 cups chicken stock
- 1 large lemon, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- In a pan, brown the chicken pieces in oil and set aside.
- Saute the onions until soft, add the walnuts and saute for about a minute (make sure the nuts DO NOT BURN).
- Add the stock and scrape the pan. add the browned chicken and lemon juice. simmer on medium for about 30-35 minutes with a lid on the pan.
- Take the lid off the pan and turn up the stove to high for a couple minutes to reduce the sauce if it's still too thin.