Recipe by Bergy
Mild curry flavor, spicy but won't bite you too hard! Very attrative to serve. It is a meal on it's own for lunch or dinner Tostones (Fried Platains) are a nice side dish with this recipe Cook time does not include marinating time
Top Review by Chef Kate
A very nice chicken curry which presents beautifully--the colors of the peppers remain very bright and the dish looks beautiful. The flavor is very good, but there is an element missing--whether the curry needs a touch of cream or a bit of sourr cream--something to smooth the taste and bring the flavors together. I used Caribbean Curry mix #158082 to make the curry paste for the marinade.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1⁄4 cup sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sweet green pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar or 2 tablespoons sugar substitute
- 1 1⁄2 cups long grain rice (uncooked)
- 2 cups cut into 1/2-inch cubes fresh papayas, Chilled
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3⁄4 cup onion, Chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon yellow curry paste
- 2 jalapenos, seeded, membranes removed and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a large bowl or zip lock bag, mix well.
- Add chicken cubes, mix into the marinade so all the pieces are covered.
- Place in the fridge for 1 to 3 hours.
- Remove chicken from the marinade-save the marinade.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a skillet.
- Brown the chicken cubes on all sides.
- Add marinade and simmer over medium heat until the chicken is cooked apprx 15 minutes.
- Add red & Green peppers.
- Simmer 5 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile cook the rice (use your own favorite method) add 2 tbsp sugar or sugar sustitue while cooking, mix in well.
- Serve chicken over the rice, top with the chilled papaya cubes.