Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A delicious dinner I got from Rachael Ray's website. Fast and yummy!
- 1 lb linguine
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest (from 2 lemons)
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 -4 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large sweet onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add salt, then add the pasta, cook until al dente and drain.
- Heat a large, deep skillet over hight heat.
- Add the oil.
- Add the chicken and cook over high heat until lightly browned.
- Sprinkle the thyme, zest and red pepper flakes over the chicken and stir to combine.
- Add the garlic, peppers and onion and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 5 to 6 minutes, stirring now and then, until the veggies soften.
- Add the wine and scrape up the tasty bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Stir in the broth and tomatoes and bring to a bubble.
- Simmer the sauce for 10 minutes.
- Combine the pasta with the chicken, peppers and onion and a little grated cheese.
- Serve at once and pass around extra cheese at the table.