Recipe by ~Bekah~
Great recipe for company or the family!
Top Review by Just Call Me Martha
I used chicken breast instead of chicken thighs, but it worked out well. This is a very good dish that takes very little time to make. The times are right on. I did remove the cover for about the last 5 minutes in order for the juices to thicken slightly. I also threw in a little parsley and lemon at the very end and served over steamed rice. I will make this again soon.
- 8 skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (for frying)
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 red bell pepper, deseeded & thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, deseeded & thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, deseeded & thinly sliced
- 1 (14 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped oregano
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss chicken in the flour until lightly coated.
- Heat the oil in a skillet and fry the chicken quickly until lightly browned, then remove from the pan.
- It's ok if not cooked through yet.
- Add the onion to the pan and fry until translucent.
- Add the garlic, bell peppers, tomatoes and oregano, and bring to a boil.
- When boiling, arrange the chicken over the vegetables, season with salt and pepper, and cover tightly and simmer for 20-25 minutes.