1 hr 20 mins
chef blade's Note:
I like roasting chickens on one of those upright stands. Flavors run down thru the poultry, and excess fat drains out; and you can watch it turn nice and brown as it cooks. Herbs and spices can be added to the pepperoni when "stuffing". Carve and serve this dish with your favorite pasta and marinara sauce
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven to 400F degrees.
- 2Wash and dry chicken.
- 3Loosen skin from body in areas of the neck, armpits and legs.
- 4Evenly slide pepperoni pieces between skin and body, starting at the top, working down.
- 5Salt and pepper bird, tuck the wings in.
- 6Slide chicken onto roasting stand, brush with oil.
- 7Place in 400 oven for 20 minutes.
- 8Lower heat to 325 and finsh out the hour.
- 9Remove from oven, let rest 15 minutes.
- 10Carve into 8's (or cut in half, for 2 people).
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Pepperoni Too
Serving Size: 1 (383 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 565.7
- Calories from Fat 402
- Total Fat 44.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 155.2 mg
- Sodium 726.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 38.5 g