Recipe by Nov30mom
This takes some time but is a great recipe!
Top Review by Chef MB
Very good dish. Used a meat thermometer to judge the doneness of the chicken, but it was less than 90 minutes. Delicious, but I think next time I'll use a can of diced tomatoes with Italian seasoning to pour over the chicken. That was my only complaint--the spaghetti sauce on top of the chicken cooked down and got too thick. Served with whole wheat pasta and ladled the remaining sauce over the noodles. Very nice. Also skipped the meat tenderizer, as other reviewers did.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 20 slices pepperoni
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (20 ounce) can spaghetti sauce
- 1 tablespoon meat tenderizer (optional)
- 1 dash oregano
- 1 dash basil
- 1 dash pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat over to 350°F.
- Pound chicken breasts flat with a meat mallet.
- Sprinkle meat tenderizer and "massage" into chicken breasts.
- Season to taste with oregano, basil, pepper and any other herbs of your choice.
- Lay 4-5 pepperoni on each chicken breast, sprinkle with cheese.
- Roll up chicken breasts and fasten with toothpicks.
- Place chicken in baking dish.
- Pour spaghetti sauce over chicken.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 - 1 1/2 hr until chicken is thoroughly baked.
- Remove dish, sprinkle leftover mozzarella cheese on top of chicken. Bake for an additional 2-3 minutes, until cheese is melted. Enjoy!