Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I don't remember where this one came from. I do know I've changed it over the years. They freeze well when wrapped in freezer paper. After they thaw I like to fry them, making Chimichangas.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs or 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts, defatted, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, devained, chopped
- 1 poblano chiles or 1 pasilla chile, roasted, skinned, seeded, devained chopped
- 3 teaspoons new mexico chile powder, freshly ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground cumin
- 2 cups Cotija cheese, crumbled
- 10 -12 large burrito-size flour tortillas
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the Oil.
- Stir fry the chicken in partial batches'til done.
- Set aside on paper towel.
- Add Onion, Bell Pepper, Chiles, Chile Powder, and Cummin.
- Stir fry 'til tender, 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir Chicken into mixture.
- Heat Tortillas, 3-4 at a time, in microwave for 15 seconds.
- Place a few spoons of mix on a tortilla, top with crumbled cheese.
- Fold the lower flap of the tortilla up, each side in and roll to form a burrito.
- Wrap in freezer paper, LABEL THE PAPER!
- Repeat 'til all mixture is used.