Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A good pasta recipe with lots of veggies!
- 12 ounces cooked chicken breasts, diced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 7 ounces penne pasta (whole wheat is good!)
- 2 yellow bell peppers, chopped or 2 orange bell peppers
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 12 ounces fresh broccoli, chopped
- 6 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a pan cook chopped chicken with garlic and other seasonings you like. (I used a little Jamaican Jerk seasoning.).
- Prepare the white sauce. Place butter in small saucepan (preheated) over medium heat. Once the butter foams, add flour and stir for 1 minute (try not to let it turn brown). Add milk to the mix and continue stirring until it starts to bubble. Reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes. Add and stir in pepper, Italian seasoning, and parmesan cheese.
- While white sauce is simmering, boil water for penne. Cook penne about 8-9 minutes and for the last minute add the chopped broccoli.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, broccoli, chicken and chopped veggies. Stir white sauce inches Pour all into a large casserole dish. Sprinkle on cheese. Cover with foil or lid. Bake for 20-30 minutes.