Prep 25 mins
Cook 11 mins
From Cooking Light magazine, August 2002, as requested.
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta (tube-shaped)
- 2 cups cut green beans, cut in 1 inch pieces (about 1/2 pound)
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup vertically sliced red onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 (7 ounce) bottleroasted red bell peppers, drained and cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon instant minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook pasta in boiling water 7 minutes.
- Add green beans; cook 4 minutes.
- Drain and rinse with cold water; drain.
- Combine pasta mixture, chicken, onion, basil, parsley, and bell pepper in a large bowl, tossing gently to combine.
- Combine oil and remaining ingredients in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Drizzle over pasta mixture; toss gently to coat.
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 cups).
We thoroughly enjoyed eating this very nice salad. The combination of the salad ingredients worked well together. The dressing was light,and not overpowering, it let the variety of flavors come through. I will definately make this salad again. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
A delicious summer meal, and a great template for improvising. I just made it with chicken sausage and without the pasta, since we had half a baguette from the night before--both good variations.
I made this salad when it came out in Cooking Light magazine, but I hadn't made it in a long time. I was glad to see this recipe here and and I made it the same night, as I had fresh green and yellow beans, onions, and basil from my garden. I didn't have a jar of roasted red peppers, but I did have a large fresh, red bell pepper. I just chopped it and fried it in a skillet with cooking spray until the edges turned a little dark. I also made more dressing, as my DH likes lots of dressing. It was delicious! We really like this salad, and I will make it again soon!