Recipe by sydsmama
From Cooking Light magazine, August 2002, as requested.
Top Review by Miss Annie
We thoroughly enjoyed eating this very nice salad. The combination of the salad ingredients worked well together. The dressing was light,and not overpowering, it let the variety of flavors come through. I will definately make this salad again. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta (tube-shaped)
- 2 cups cut green beans, cut in 1 inch pieces (about 1/2 pound)
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup vertically sliced red onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 (7 ounce) bottleroasted red bell peppers, drained and cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon instant minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta in boiling water 7 minutes.
- Add green beans; cook 4 minutes.
- Drain and rinse with cold water; drain.
- Combine pasta mixture, chicken, onion, basil, parsley, and bell pepper in a large bowl, tossing gently to combine.
- Combine oil and remaining ingredients in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Drizzle over pasta mixture; toss gently to coat.
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 cups).