Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
A delicious red sauce with pasta and chicken! A true family favorite!
Make and share this Chicken Penne Rigate recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb penne rigate
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken tenders, cut into bite size pieces
- 26 ounces garlic and onion pasta sauce
- 2 teaspoons crushed rosemary
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1⁄2 tablespoon oregano
- 1⁄2 tablespoon basil
- 1 medium onion, quarted
- 1 medium green pepper, quartered 2x
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil in 12-inch skillet.
- Add onion and pepper and cook until tender.
- Add chicken and cook throughly.
- Add sauce and spices.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Once all is done, add pasta to large bowl or dish and cover with sauce. Top with fresh ground Parmesan cheese.
This recipe was super easy. Did not change anything from the recipe. Even my picky eater loved it. He gave it a thumbs up. Easy to make and not complicated at all. I will definitely added to my regular meals. Thank you.
This is an easy, quick recipe to prepare for your family on a weeknight. It took me less than 30 minutes from start to finish. I loved that it had all the components of a meal: protein, starch and veggie - all wrapped up into one! The flavor was lovely. I loved the dried herb additions. Thanks! ~Made for Spring 2010 Pick-A-Chef~