1 hr 30 mins
The Casserole Queens Cookbook
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces dry penne pasta
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup coarsely chopped prosciutto
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, cut into 1 x 1/4 inch strips
- 1/2 medium yellow bell pepper, cut into 1x 1/4 inch strips
- 3 tablespoons drained capers
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1 (15 ounce) jar marinara sauce (or homemade)
- 1 (10 ounce) jar alfredo sauce
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1Cook the pasta according to package directions; drain well.
- 2Return the pasta to the pot and set aside.
- 3Coat the chicken breasts with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- 4Place the chicken on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake in a preheated 350°oven for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through.
- 5Remove the pan from the oven and let the chicken cool.
- 6When it is cool enough to handle, dice the chicken and set aside.
- 7Coat a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
- 8In a large skillet over med-high heat, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- 9Add the cooked chicken and garlic; cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- 10Add the prosciutto, green and yellow peppers, capers, and basil.
- 11Cooks, stirring frequently, for 2-3 minutes or until the peppers just start to soften.
- 12Add the chicken mixture to the reserved penne and mix well.
- 13Spread half of the mixture in prepared pan.
- 14In a bowl, combine the marinara and Alfredo sauces.
- 15Top the penne with 1 cup of sauce.
- 16Put the remaining penne mixture over the sauce, then add the remaining sauce.
- 17Sprinkle the top with Parmesan cheese.
- 18Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and slightly browned and the casserole is heated through.
- 19Remove the pan from the oven and toss the pasta thoroughly.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Penne Pasta With Pink Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 282.6
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 61.5 mg
- Sodium 510.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 23.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: