Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
The Casserole Queens Cookbook
Make and share this Chicken Penne Pasta With Pink Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 6 ounces dry penne pasta
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup coarsely chopped prosciutto
- 1⁄2 medium green bell pepper, cut into 1 x 1/4 inch strips
- 1⁄2 medium yellow bell pepper, cut into 1x 1/4 inch strips
- 3 tablespoons drained capers
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1 (15 ounce) jar marinara sauce (or homemade)
- 1 (10 ounce) jar alfredo sauce
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta according to package directions; drain well.
- Return the pasta to the pot and set aside.
- Coat the chicken breasts with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake in a preheated 350°oven for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let the chicken cool.
- When it is cool enough to handle, dice the chicken and set aside.
- Coat a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over med-high heat, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Add the cooked chicken and garlic; cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Add the prosciutto, green and yellow peppers, capers, and basil.
- Cooks, stirring frequently, for 2-3 minutes or until the peppers just start to soften.
- Add the chicken mixture to the reserved penne and mix well.
- Spread half of the mixture in prepared pan.
- In a bowl, combine the marinara and Alfredo sauces.
- Top the penne with 1 cup of sauce.
- Put the remaining penne mixture over the sauce, then add the remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle the top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and slightly browned and the casserole is heated through.
- Remove the pan from the oven and toss the pasta thoroughly.