To reduce calories, fat and sodium, you can opt for a light Alfredo sauce. For a spicier dish, increase the amount of chipotle chiles. Recipe is from Family Circle. I like to use "The Best Alfredo Sauce" for the prepared alfredo sauce.
- 12 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 cups prepared alfredo sauce
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chile in adobo
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 slices cooked bacon, heated in microwave and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Cook penne following package directions; drain.
- While penne is cooking, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken for about 4 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove to a plate and reserve.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add onion to the skillet and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Stir in the Alfredo sauce, chipotle, chili powder, maple syrup and salt.
- Cook over medium-high heat until bubbly.
- Stir in the chicken.
- Place the pasta back into the pot and stir in the Alfredo and chicken mixture.
- Spoon pasta onto a large serving platter and garnish with the bacon and cilantro.