Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Spinach, mushrooms, pasta, and cheese. Yum! Great for pot luck meals or supper at home.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 cups chopped fresh Baby Spinach
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) carton cottage cheese
- 4 cups hot cooked penne pasta (8 oz. uncooked)
- 2 cups shredded roasted chicken breast (use the rotisere kind from the grocery store)
- 4 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 ounces freshly grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Heat olive oil in large nonstick skillet. Add mushrooms, onion, and green pepper, saute for 5 minutes or until tender. Add spinack, oregano, salt and pepper, saute 4 minutes or until spinach wilts.
- Place cottage cheese in food processor and process until smooth. Combine spinach mixture, cottage cheese, pasta, chicken, 3/4 cup Cheddar cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, milk, and soup in a 2 quart buttered baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining Cheddar and Parmesan cheese. Bake for 25 minutes or until browned and bubbly.
I bought cottage cheese instead of ricotta by mistake. Found this recipe