1/4 Photos of Chicken Penne Casserole
A very tasty chicken casserole.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated romano cheese
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 2Saute the chicken, onion, peppers, garlic and seasonings in oil until chicken is no longer pink.
- 3Combine tomatoes and tomato paste.
- 4Add to chicken mixture.
- 5Stir in broth and bring to a boil.
- 6Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 7Drain pasta and toss with chicken mixture.
- 8Spoon half of the chicken mixture into a greased baking dish.
- 9Sprinkle with half of the mozzarella and Romano cheeses.
- 10Repeat layers.
- 11Cover and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- 12Uncover and bake 15-20 minutes longer or until heated through.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Penne Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (500 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 774.3
- Calories from Fat 315
- Total Fat 35.1 g
- Saturated Fat 18.2 g
- Cholesterol 196.6 mg
- Sodium 1807.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 65.7 g