Recipe by BakinBaby
Chicken, Penne,Pesto & Sundried tomatoes... oh yes. This gem comes from my Best of Arizona Cookbook contributed by the 5 star Armadillo Grill. The cayenne pepper brings a little zing, if you want more hot... add more.
Top Review by wicked cook 46
I am rating this on flavour. It was very good and had alot of different flavours going on. But I found the directions a bit confusing. The diretions state add seasonings and none is listed I assume it meant salt and pepper. Plus is the parm and basil to be added to the sauce or only as garnish. I added some of the parm to the sauce and some on top. I followed this recipe for amounts exactly but we found there was alot of sauce for the amount of pasta ( I let the wine reduce for well over 10 minutes) plus we found it very thin ( I used light cream 5% fat which might explain that a bit) We had to use bowls and not plates. I did cook my chicken and red peppers a bit different . I grilled them on the barbque and roasted the red pepper whole. I also diced the sundried tomatoes. All in all a very tasty meal but one I will adjust next time. Made for Everyday is a Holiday Tag
- 10 ounces boneless chicken breasts
- 2 red bell peppers (cut in 1/2-inch strips)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 lb penne pasta
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons onions (minced)
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 2 cups white wine
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato (julienned)
- 1⁄2 cup pesto sauce
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler and place chicken breasts and red pepper strips to baking sheet, sprinkle with cayene; broil until golden brown (about 20 minutes); set aside, and slice chicken in diagonal pieces.
- Begin cooking pasta until al dente.
- In a saucepan, heat oil and saute' onion and garlic.
- Deglaze pan with white wine and reduce liquid, adding tomatoes & cook 3-4 minutes.
- Then add pesto, cream and seasonings, stir until fully incorporated.
- Add drained pasta to sauce and toss, then divide mixture among 4 warm plates and top each with chicken slices and red peppers.
- Garnish with Parmesan and fresh basil leaves.