Chicken Pecos Pitas With Pistachios
- 2 cups cooked chicken or 2 cups canned chicken, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped california pistachios
- cumin vinaigrette (recipe follows)
- 4 pita bread rounds
- 1 cup julienne pared jicama, seeded cucumber or 1 cup pared seeded cucumber
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup bottled roasted red peppers or 1⁄2 cup pimiento
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- Toss chicken with half the pistachios and enough Cumin Vinaigrette to moisten.
- Warm pita pockets in 350°F oven for about 3 minutes, then halve and fill with chicken mixture. Add jicama, avocado and red pepper.
- Place on plates; drizzle remaining vinaigrette over filling and sprinkle with remaining pistachios.