Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Very quick, easy and delicious! I made it with canned chicken and it was still fabulous. I indicated the nutmeg as "optional," as we are not fans of it.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked chicken or 1 cup canned chicken
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 tablespoon Grey Poupon
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1 (12 ounce) packageregular sized refrigerated biscuits
- In large skillet, melt butter. Add pecan pieces and sauté until lightly browned. (If short on time, skip this step, use raw pecans and only breaking coarsely).
- In a bowl, combine chicken, celery, miracle whip, Grey Poupon, cream cheese, salt, pepper and nutmeg (if using).
- Add pecans; stir well.
- Separate biscuits (you probably will not need them all); roll or press with fingertips each into a 4 inch circle. Press into greased muffin cups, letting dough cover bottom and sides. (If using a large muffin tin and do not need all 12, be sure to put a little water in each of the empty ones before baking.).
- Spoon chicken mixture into biscuit cups. Bake at 425°F for 12 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Remove from tin. Cool on wire racks.