Stephie Biggs's Note:
Very quick, easy and delicious! I made it with canned chicken and it was still fabulous. I indicated the nutmeg as "optional," as we are not fans of it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked chicken or 1 cup canned chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 tablespoon Grey Poupon
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1 (12 ounce) package regular sized refrigerated biscuits
- 1In large skillet, melt butter. Add pecan pieces and sauté until lightly browned. (If short on time, skip this step, use raw pecans and only breaking coarsely).
- 2In a bowl, combine chicken, celery, miracle whip, Grey Poupon, cream cheese, salt, pepper and nutmeg (if using).
- 3Add pecans; stir well.
- 4Separate biscuits (you probably will not need them all); roll or press with fingertips each into a 4 inch circle. Press into greased muffin cups, letting dough cover bottom and sides. (If using a large muffin tin and do not need all 12, be sure to put a little water in each of the empty ones before baking.).
- 5Spoon chicken mixture into biscuit cups. Bake at 425°F for 12 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- 6Remove from tin. Cool on wire racks.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Pecan Tarts
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 894.3
- Calories from Fat 571
- Total Fat 63.5 g
- Saturated Fat 18.3 g
- Cholesterol 86.5 mg
- Sodium 1743.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 24.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: