Recipe by loof
A tasty quiche with a wonderfully different crust...
Top Review by smartblonde #2
I really liked this. I've had the recipe for a while & finally tried it. I changed just a little of it. First I only made half. I used 4 small pot pie pans which fit the 1/2 recipe perfectly. I added about a teaspoon of honey Dijon mustard. Instead of the halved pecans I topped it with chopped pecans. Otherwise I followed the recipe. I will be making this one again.
- 236.59 ml flour
- 354.88 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 177.44 ml chopped pecans
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml paprika
- 78.07 ml vegetable oil
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 118.29 ml chicken broth
- 59.14 ml mayonnaise
- 3 large eggs
- 473.18 ml cooked chicken, finely chopped
- 1.23 ml dried dill weed
- 0.19 ml hot sauce
- 59.14 ml pecan halves
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, 1 cup cheese, chopped pecans, salt and paprika in a bowl and mix well. Add oil and combine until well mixed. Press firmly onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9" deep dish pie plate.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes. Cool completely.
- Combine sour cream, broth, mayo, and eggs and whisk until smooth.
- Add chicken, 1/2 cup cheese, dill, and hot sauce.
- Pour chicken mixture into prepared crust. Arrange pecan halves over the chicken mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes until set. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.