Recipe by Toni in Colorado
Another pecan recipe for April-Pecan Month. I got this from The American Country Inn and Bed and Breakfast Cookbook. This particular recipe is from the Mainstay Inn in Cape May, New Jersey. I thought there were too many pecans, so next time I try it I will cut it down to 1/4 cup. I used only skinless, boneless chicken breasts. I did not have scallions, so I used green onions.
- 2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup grated monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped scallion
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄2 teaspoon brown mustard
- 1⁄2 cup pecan pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, cheese, scallions, parsley and flour.
- Sprinkle into the pie shell.
- In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, half and half, and mustard.
- Pour over the chicken mixture and top with the pecans.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 60 minutes or until done.