Recipe by annconnolly
Leave it to those of us in the south to come up with a quiche utilizing pecans. It's delicious. I got it from a regional magazine.
Top Review by SPharo
This was really good, although I had to cook it a good deal longer than the forty-five minutes because the inside was so watery. The crust was fantastic and after I got the consistency right it was delicious. It reminded me somewhat of chicken pot pie. I had Garlic Green Beans (Recipe #43390) alongside.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil (or your choice)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine flour, 1C cheese, pecans & paprika in a bowl and mix throughly.
- Add oil and stir until mix is crumbly.
- Reserve 1/4 C of the crumb mix.
- Press the remaining crumbs into the sides and bottom of a pie plate.
- pick the bottom with a fork and bake 10 minute.
- Remove and reduce oven to 325.
- whisk sour cream, mayonnaise, broth and eggs in a bowl until blended.
- Stir in chicken and 1/2 c cheese and onion.
- Spoon mix into the baked crust.
- Sprinkle the top with reserved crumb mix.
- Top with pecans and bake 45 minutes.