Recipe by jacknalecsmom
A delicious chicken in cream sauce over fettuccine with pecans sprinkled on top. I got this recipe at my grocery store and it is quick (25 minutes start to finish) and luscious. I don't buy chicken cut into tenders because it is more expensive. I just use 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (5 oz size). If you don't like mushrooms feel free to leave them out. Half of my family doesn't like them so I saute them separately for those who like them. This is perfect with broccoli Italiano.
Top Review by wicked cook 46
This is very quick to put together. I did add quite a bit more wine after adding the cream since it got very thick. It was quite plain so I added a bit of cajun seasoning. Love the crunch of the pecans. IMO this would not serve 6 sauce wise. I used maybe 3 ounces of linquine and there was just enough sauce with the added wine. Made for PAC Fall 2009
- 2 -3 green onions, chopped finely
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 1⁄4 lbs chicken tenders, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon roasted garlic (from jar)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 8 ounces fettuccine pasta
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup pecan pieces
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Equipment: 1 large ziploc bag.
- Bring water to boil for pasta.
- Combine flour and seasoned salt in zip-top bag shake to mix. Add chicken and shake to coat.
- Preheat large saute pan on medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes. Add butter and swirl to coat. Add garlic and chicken; cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionally to brown.
- Stir mushrooms into chicken; cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until tender.
- Add pasta to boiling water and cook to desired doneness.
- Add wine to pan and use it to deglaze, scraping up any bits stuck to pan. Then add cream and onions. Cook 5-7 minutes, or until sauce thickens.
- Drain pasta and stir into chicken. Sprinkle with pecans and cheese; serve.