Recipe by KylerEsq
I can't take credit for this recipe...this comes from the Apron's line of recipes for Publix. I was shopping when they had just started cooking this and the smell drove me crazy. When I finally made it at home, it was ridiculously easy, and the taste was even better than the smell. I am contemplating substituting shrimp for the chicken. If any of you try that please let me know how it turns out!
- 2 -3 green onions (rinsed)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 lb boneless chicken tenders
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic, crushed
- 1 cup pre-sliced mushroom (rinsed)
- 8 ounces fresh fettuccine pasta
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup pecan pieces
- grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Fill a large saucepan with water. Bring to a boil for the pasta.
- Chop green onions finely, set aside.
- Combine flour and seasoned salt in zip top bag. Shake to mix. Cut chicken into bite sized pieces and place in bag. Seal tightly and shake to coat.
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium high 2-3 minutes. Place butter in pan, swirl to coat. Add garlic and chicken. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, to brown chicken evenly.
- Stir mushrooms into chicken. Cook 4 minutes, or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add wine, cream, and onions to chicken. Cook 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until sauce thickens.
- Add pasta to water. Cook according to package directions.
- Drain pasta and stir into chicken. Garnish with pecans and cheese. Serve.