A bit like chipped beef on toast, only with chicken and nuts. Or this would be good over some egg noodles or rice instead. Prep and cook times are approximate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 4 toasted English muffins, halves or 4 toasted bread
- pecan halves (to garnish)
- 1In a large saucepan, cover chicken breasts with water (season the water with salt and pepper if desired) and bring to a boil, cooking until no traces of pink remain throughout.
- 2Drain the water and place chicken breast on a cutting board to cool.
- 3Melt the butter/margarine in the saucepan.
- 4Add boullion granules and blend in the flour and poultry seasoning.
- 5Pour in the milk and lemon juice while stirring and cook over med-low heat; stirring constantly until thickened.
- 6Cut the chicken breast into bite-size strips and add it to the saucepan along with the celery, bell pepper and pecans.
- 7Cook over low heat until the mixture is heated through.
- 8Spoon it over your choice of toasted bread (noodles or rice would be good too) and garnish with pecan halves.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Pecan
Serving Size: 1 (410 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 732.3
- Calories from Fat 384
- Total Fat 42.7 g
- Saturated Fat 15.9 g
- Cholesterol 156.6 mg
- Sodium 687.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 47.1 g