Recipe by Chef Jean
This baby food is for older babies who can chew well. I made this recipe up and although I know it is healthy it is not approved by the FDA or a pediatrician. My son loves it and does not have any problem eating or digesting it and that is good enough for me. I use all organic ingredients and freeze it in an ice cube tray. Reheat in the microwave 15 seconds at a time stirring each time.
Top Review by Cadillacgirl
Success! My 10 month old seemed to enjoy this! I have made her chicken stew before, but I wanted to try quinoa in her diet. I have also mixed in some mashed carrot and parsnips. I used 1 chicken breast and added in a bay leaf while cooking. Made for PAC Fall 2012
- 3 chicken tenderloins
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen peas
- 1⁄3 cup quinoa
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Simmer the first 4 ingredients, uncovered, in a medium sauce pot for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and puree with an immersion blender until the chicken and peas are smooth enough for baby to eat. I leave some very small pieces, but you can puree as smooth as you want.
- Add the last 4 ingredients a stir to combine.
- Thin with more water, milk, breast milk or formula if needed. Cool to room temp then freeze.