Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a perfect light meal for the hot summer days. When grilling chicken breasts, grill a couple of extra and put in fridge for use in this salad. This recipe is compliments of The Diabetic Cookbook.
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens or 6 cups mesclun
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, grilled and cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 ripe pears, cored and sliced
- fresh ground black pepper
- bleu cheese salad dressing
- In a large salad bowl combine the greens, chicken and salad dressing.
- Toss gently to coat.
- Divide among 4 chilled, individual plates.
- Arrange pear slices on top of salad.
- Sprinkle with fresh ground black pepper.
An excellent salad & 1 even DH said was among the best he has ever had. That is high praise from my meat & potatoes guy who happens to only favor blue cheese dressing & none other. I made my dressing using Recipe #228879 by AshK (a favorite w/us) & made 2 servings as written except that I was not able to grill the chicken used. I expect it would be even better w/grilled chicken, but the grill season here has gone & left us w/colder temps, wind & rain. I cannot imagine changing a thing about this salad. It's easy-to-fix & everything works to perfection. Made for Fall PAC 2007 & thx for sharing this keeper recipe w/us.
Lovely salad combo, I halved it. I added some crumbled Gorgonzola cheese to make it a more bleu cheese salad. I never by salad dressing so I mixed some sour cream, milk and mashed Gorgonzola.