Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are really easy and tasty, good as an appetizer, or main, served with rice. Skewers can be assembled ahead of time, and refrigerated up to 4 hours.
- Soak bamboo skewers in water for 15 minutes.
- Cook bacon until partially cooked, but not crisp.
- Drain on paper towel, then cut in half crosswise.
- Cut chicken breast lengthwise into 5 strips, approx 1/2" thick.
- Place one piece of bacon on each chicken strip.
- Thread each bacon-topped chicken strip loosely onto 1 skewer, place on broiler pan.
- In a small bowl, combine all Peanut Sauce ingredients, mix well.
- Broil skewered chicken 4-6 inches from heat for 3-4 minute Brush with peanut sauce,turn.
- Broil an additional 3-4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Brush with remaining sauce.
Does NOT get any better than this, I would not give this recipe a miss! Used tamari for soy sauce, cutting down salt, TRUE! And Cloudy apple juice has no sugar, healthy for you! Thank you for sharing, yes did enjoy today! Easy, simple...is there a better way? :)
Just delicious Lois M. The only substitution I made was 2 tbsp vegetable broth in place of the apple juice. I served this over Pandan Rice. Thank you for posting.
Something different and delicious; I'm on a low carb diet and am always looking for something new to try for variety on this diet. I used water, not the apple juice because of the sugar, and used low sodium soy sauce. I ate this as a main dish and served with some stir fry veggies....great meal! Yum, yum, yum, thank you!