Recipe by Lois M
These are really easy and tasty, good as an appetizer, or main, served with rice. Skewers can be assembled ahead of time, and refrigerated up to 4 hours.
Top Review by mickeydownunder
Does NOT get any better than this, I would not give this recipe a miss! Used tamari for soy sauce, cutting down salt, TRUE! And Cloudy apple juice has no sugar, healthy for you! Thank you for sharing, yes did enjoy today! Easy, simple...is there a better way? :)
- 20 (6 inch) bamboo skewers
- 10 slices bacon
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons apple juice or 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak bamboo skewers in water for 15 minutes.
- Cook bacon until partially cooked, but not crisp.
- Drain on paper towel, then cut in half crosswise.
- Cut chicken breast lengthwise into 5 strips, approx 1/2" thick.
- Place one piece of bacon on each chicken strip.
- Thread each bacon-topped chicken strip loosely onto 1 skewer, place on broiler pan.
- In a small bowl, combine all Peanut Sauce ingredients, mix well.
- Broil skewered chicken 4-6 inches from heat for 3-4 minute Brush with peanut sauce,turn.
- Broil an additional 3-4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Brush with remaining sauce.