Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I had to make some entree for my tafe restaurant and since I'm a big fan of risotto, I decided to make this yummy risotto for customers and people liked it a lot! I guess you can substitute sage with any other your favourite herbs.
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 3 cups water
- 10 g butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 350 g chicken breasts
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen peas
- 6 slices prosciutto
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded fresh sage
- Place stock and the water in large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered.
- Heat butter and half of the oil in large saucepan; cook onion, stirring until soft. Add rice, stir rice to coat in mixture.
- Add wine; cook, stirring, until liquids almost evaporated.
- Stir in 1cup simmering stock mixture, cook, stirring over low heat until liquid is absorbed.
- Continue adding stock mixture, in 1 cup batches, stirring until adsorbed after each addition. total cooking time should be about 35 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in medium frying pan; cook chicken, stirring, until cooked through.
- Add garlic; stir until fragrant. Add chicken mixture to risotto with peas, stir to combine.
- Cook prosciutto in same frying pan until crisp. Drain on absorbent paper then break into rough pieces. Stir sage and half of the prosciutto into risotto.
- Serve risotto with sprinkle of remaining prosciutto.