Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Light and summery! This is one of those great potlock dishes for hot summer days!
- 1 cup spiral shaped pasta
- 2 cups fresh pea pods (trimmed, blanched)
- 2 cups cooked chicken (cubed)
- 1⁄2 cup green onion (sliced)
- 1⁄2 cup water chestnut (sliced)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon sherry wine
- 1⁄4 cup almonds (Slivered and toasted) (optional)
- Cook macaroni to desired doneness as directed on packate. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Mix in large bowl, combine cooked macaroni, pea pods, chicken, green onions and water chestnuts.
- Combine in small bowl, blend mayonnaise, soy sauce, pepper and ginger. Add sherry if desired. Pour over pea pod mixture. Mix well. Cover. Refrigerate at least 3 hours or until served.
- Garnish with almonds.
- To blanch pea pods place in boiling water. Cover and cook 1 minute. Immediately drain and rinse with cold water.