This is a recipe from one of Madhur Jaffrey's books. I was looking for a different way to get my husband to eat lean meats and this worked (even though he did still put it on a bun). I served it with rice and Korean dipping sauce and it was yummy--no leftovers and even the kids ate some!!!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the scallions crosswise into thin rounds, including some of the green. Peel and mince the garlic and finely grate the ginger.
- 2Put the chicken in a bowl and mix with the scallion, garlic, ginger, sesame seeds, sesame oil, soy sauce, pepper, and chili powder.
- 3Shape the mixture into 6 patties.
- 4Lightly oil a non-stick frying pan and cook until done, turning once. Recipe states these can also be grilled.
- 5Serve with Korean dipping sauce.
- 6NOTE: My patties were a bit soft so I did add a small amount of bread crumbs to help them hold their shape.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Patties With Ginger and Sesame Seeds
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 128.0
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 52.9 mg
- Sodium 228.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 17.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: