Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
I make tuna patties similar to this all the time and had never thought of using chicken until I saw this recipe in on old TOH. It's great for using up leftover chicken. Sometimes it's hard to keep the patties from falling apart, but if they do I just eat them in a bowl with whatever topping I feel like. Especially love to eat these with Easiest Pesto Mayonnaise.
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup crushed saltine (about 15 crackers)
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a bowl, combine the chicken, cracker crumbs, mayonnaise, onions, lemon juice and pepper. Shape into six patties.
- Heat oil in a large skillet; fry patties over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and heated through.
This was pretty good. It wasn't quite what I was expecting but I did enjoy it. The mayo flavour came through more than I though it would. A mild flavour to help use up some chicken. It did not hold together very well, but that wasn't a problem at all. I omitted the green onion.