Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken breasts, cooked,minced
- 8 ounces neufchatel cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons onions, Chopped
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg, Ground
- 1 dash paprika
- Combine chicken (which has been finely chopped), Neufchatel, onion, sherry, mayonnaise, lemon juice, hot sauce, and nutmeg in container of electric blender; process until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a 2 cup mold coated with cooking spray (Pam).
- Cover, and chill overnight.
- Unmold onto a serving plate.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Garnish with parsley sprigs, if desired.
- Serve with Melba toast rounds or unsalted crackers.
Very nice! I had leftover chicken breasts, and this was a quick, tasty way to use them. I used fat-free cream cheese, rather than Neufchatel, and lined the bowl with plastic wrap before packing the mixture in--the fat-free cream cheese doesn't set up as firmly, and this made it easier to unmold. I also used a food processor, instead of a blender. Otherwise, I followed the recipe as given--thanks for sharing it!