Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
OMG! You've got to try this! My DH created this 10 years ago. I forgot how wonderful it tastes. There was a time where we had this at least once a week! I'm posting this in response to someone had 3 chicken breasts and wanted a quick and easy recipe that would feed 5. This will feed five, but they will be fighting over the leftovers (if there are any!).
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons rosemary
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- 4 chicken breasts, cut in 2 ",cubes
- 2 (14 ounce) cansdelmonte chunky style stewed tomatoes
- 8 ounces pasta (my favorite is pasta ruffles)
- 1⁄8 cup parmesan cheese
- In large, heavy skillet, heat the oil over medium heat until it is hot but not smoking.
- Add the garlic and onions; sauté until golden-- about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add spices and chicken chunks; cook through--about 10 minutes.
- Add stewed Italian style tomatoes to chicken/Marinara sauce.
- Simmer while cooking pasta according to package directions.
- Toss Marinara sauce gently with cooked pasta; serve immediately, sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.
Quick and easy. I used cooked leftover chicken breasts which really cut down on the prep time. I also used plain petite cut diced tomatoes because I am not a fan of the stewed tomatoes. All the dried herbs in this dish seasoned them perfectly.
I was excited to try a red sauce with chicken, but it didn't turn out tasting very good. It was more like chicken and tomatoes with some herbs... Don't try it with Spaghetti, it won't stay on the pasta.
Wow! We really enjoyed this recipe. It was sooo easy. The only thing I did different as others did was used Italian Seasoning. Thank you for sharing.