Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
OMG! You've got to try this! My DH created this 10 years ago. I forgot how wonderful it tastes. There was a time where we had this at least once a week! I'm posting this in response to someone had 3 chicken breasts and wanted a quick and easy recipe that would feed 5. This will feed five, but they will be fighting over the leftovers (if there are any!).
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons rosemary
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- 4 chicken breasts, cut in 2 ",cubes
- 2 (14 ounce) cansdelmonte chunky style stewed tomatoes
- 8 ounces pasta (my favorite is pasta ruffles)
- 1⁄8 cup parmesan cheese
- In large, heavy skillet, heat the oil over medium heat until it is hot but not smoking.
- Add the garlic and onions; sauté until golden-- about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add spices and chicken chunks; cook through--about 10 minutes.
- Add stewed Italian style tomatoes to chicken/Marinara sauce.
- Simmer while cooking pasta according to package directions.
- Toss Marinara sauce gently with cooked pasta; serve immediately, sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.
Quick and easy. I used cooked leftover chicken breasts which really cut down on the prep time. I also used plain petite cut diced tomatoes because I am not a fan of the stewed tomatoes. All the dried herbs in this dish seasoned them perfectly.
Wow! We really enjoyed this recipe. It was sooo easy. The only thing I did different as others did was used Italian Seasoning. Thank you for sharing.
Once I tried this, I hoarded lots of stewed tomatoes. It's very Italian-like in taste. I also added Parmesan. Although I used all italian seasoning, the thyme in it somehow added stronger flavor and smell. Thanks for this.