Recipe by Claudia Dawn
OMG! You've got to try this! My DH created this 10 years ago. I forgot how wonderful it tastes. There was a time where we had this at least once a week! I'm posting this in response to someone had 3 chicken breasts and wanted a quick and easy recipe that would feed 5. This will feed five, but they will be fighting over the leftovers (if there are any!).
Top Review by nmj
Quick and easy. I used cooked leftover chicken breasts which really cut down on the prep time. I also used plain petite cut diced tomatoes because I am not a fan of the stewed tomatoes. All the dried herbs in this dish seasoned them perfectly.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons rosemary
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- 4 chicken breasts, cut in 2 ",cubes
- 2 (14 ounce) cansdelmonte chunky style stewed tomatoes
- 8 ounces pasta (my favorite is pasta ruffles)
- 1⁄8 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In large, heavy skillet, heat the oil over medium heat until it is hot but not smoking.
- Add the garlic and onions; sauté until golden-- about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add spices and chicken chunks; cook through--about 10 minutes.
- Add stewed Italian style tomatoes to chicken/Marinara sauce.
- Simmer while cooking pasta according to package directions.
- Toss Marinara sauce gently with cooked pasta; serve immediately, sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.