Recipe by AndreaTate
This is so yummy. I have adapted my favorite to be lighter!
Top Review by Aimee88
Thank you for sharing this recipe. My family loved it, everyone. And that's a feat! I didn't bother with low-fat cream cheese, and we don't all eat pasta, so I used less broth and let it stand on it's own. Some had it with mashed potatoes and peas. It worked, and I thank you!
- 18 ounces whole wheat penne
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 14 ounces fat free cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 28 ounces chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken in bite size pieces. Put half of the chicken broth in a pot and add chicken, cook until no longer pink.
- Add the remaining chicken broth, cream cheese and chopped garlic, stir frequently to melt cream cheese.
- Once cream cheese is melted, add spinach.
- Cook pasta separately
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in quarters and add last.
- Stir in the pasta.
- Let stand for a few minutes to thicken.
- Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese if desired.