Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This chicken dish is loaded with apples and walnuts cooked in a rich chicken broth with goat cheese lightly seasoned with thyme and served over pasta of your choice. A nice green salad, a loaf of fresh bread and a nice glass of Pinon Noir and you have a great meal!
- chicken breast, boneless and skinless, cubed
- 3 1⁄3 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add 2 TB butter and melt.
- Add diced apple and saute until slightly browned.
- Add walnuts to apple mixture and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add remaining 2TB butter and saute chicken pieces until brown and crispy.
- Add apple/walnut mixture back in to chicken.
- Add thyme and black pepper.
- Pour in chicken broth and heat.
- Gradually add goat cheese and cook over low heat until cheese is melted.
- In a small measuring cup, add water and cornstarch and stir to get lumps out.
- On medium high heat, gradually add cornstarch and constantly stir until sauce is slightly thick.
- Serve over pasta of your choice.