- 1⁄2 lb chicken breast
- 1⁄2 cup pasta (pastina, rotini, etc.)
- 2 stalks celery (chopped)
- 2 medium carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 3 scallions (diced) or 3 green onions (diced)
- 5 cups chicken broth or 5 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh basil
- 1⁄4 italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh parsley (diced)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the chicken breasts in chunk; rinse the chicken in cold water with fresh lemon juice.
- In a medium pot, boil water; add the chicken pieces; cook it for 10 minutes; strain the chicken and cut it in small pieces.
- Meanwhile, sauté green onions, celery, carrots with oil until tender; add four cups of chicken broth or water, garlic, basil; Italian seasoning; boil the sauce for five minutes.
- To the boiling sauce, add the chicken, pastas, white pepper, Tabasco sauce and salt to taste. Cook the soup for 20-25 minutes or until simmer.
- Sprinkle the parsley, remove from heat and serve hot.
- P.S. If desired sprinkle Parmesan cheese.